The Central Connecticut Student-Athlete Advisory Committee launched a Voter Registration & Election Information Campaign ahead of the 2020 election. The campaign will run from September 14 - November 3, 2020, and is encouraging all students and student-athletes to "Be a Voter" in the 2020 Presidential election. The SAAC is partnering with the Northeast Conference and the CCSU Student Government Association on additional campaign activities that will occur in the month leading up to the election.
SAAC will hold an in-person information session available to all students for assistance with a variety of information topics related to the election. The first two dates for sessions will be Tuesday, September 22 and Tuesday, September 29, in the Kaiser Hall Blue Room from 10-11:00 a.m. and 12:00-2:00 p.m.
Topics to be covered during the in-person information session includes:
- How to Register to Vote
- Requesting an Absentee Ballot
- Finding Your Polling Place
- Understanding Election Tmeline and Voting ID Requirements
- Education on Campaign Issues and Presidential Candidates
- Historical Significance and Importance of Participating in Elections