The Central Connecticut men's soccer team dropped its home opener 6-0 to Massachusetts on Saturday night in New Britain, CT. The teams were tied 0-0 after the first 45 minutes of play, but the Minutemen connected with six goals off eight shots in the second half. Central hosts Rhode Island on Tuesday, Sept. 17 at 6 p.m.
Score: Central Connecticut 0, Massachusetts 6
Records: Central Connecticut (0-2-0), Massachusetts (4-1-0)
Location: CCSU Soccer Field – New Britain, CT
- The teams were scoreless after 45 minutes of play.
- Central had seven shots in the first half including two looks by Eddie Yepes.
- Graham Brenner opened scoring in the second half putting UMass ahead 1-0 and scored the final goal of the game with a header inside the box.
NUMBER TO KNOW
12 – Central took 12 shots on the game.
- CCSU Men's Soccer is celebrating its 50th season of varsity competition in 2019.
- Tonight marked Central's home opener of the 2019 season and its first of six straight home contests.
- Eddie Yepess had four shots, including three shots on goal, for Central. CCSU outshot UMass 12-11 on the game.
Central Connecticut hosts Rhode Island on Tuesday, Sept. 17 at 6 p.m. in New Britain, CT.