Central Connecticut earned a 1-1 tie against Rhode Island in men's soccer action on Tuesday night at CCSU Soccer Field in New Britain, CT. Junior Francesco Ambrosino put home his first goal of the year, while sophomore Jason Dubrovich made eight saves for the Blue Devils. CCSU hosts Quinnipiac on Friday night at 6:00 p.m.
Score: Central Connecticut 1, Rhode Island 1
Records: Central Connecticut (0-2-1), Rhode Island (2-2-2)
Location: CCSU Soccer Field | New Britain, CT
QUOTE | COMPLETE POSTGAME QUOTES
"I'm really proud how the guys have really developed over the last couple weeks and gotten better," said head coach Shaun Green. "I think we see a lot of progress every time we step on the pitch. We're looking forward to the next game."
- CCSU opened the scoring on a counter-attack when junior Eddie Yepes picked up the ball and slipped a pass to Ambrosino who finished to make it 1-0 at the 74:51 mark.
- URI tied the game just under two minutes later when Filippo Tamburini headed home a rebound off a free kick that hit the post.
- Both teams had chances to score in the first overtime, but the Rams hit the crossbar with a pair of shots and sophomore Panos Ravanis sent a shot high for CCSU.
NUMBER TO KNOW
8 – Dubrovich kept CCSU in the game, making eight saves, including a number of diving stops on the night.
- CCSU Men's Soccer is celebrating its 50th season of varsity competition in 2019.
- Central was playing its second of six straight home games.
- Ambrosino's goal was the first of his career.
- Ravanis had a team-high four shots in the game.
Central Connecticut hosts Quinnipiac on Friday night at 6:00 p.m.