The Central Connecticut men's soccer team suffered a 4-0 setback against Yale on Monday at CCSU Soccer Field. The Bulldogs scored four goals in the first half to down the Blue Devils. Sophomore Christopher Papas made four saves in goal, while freshmen Ryan Radwon and Emanuel Yeboah each had two shots. Central Connecticut heads to Bryant on Friday for a Northeast Conference game that has moved to a 3:00 p.m. kickoff.
Score: Central Connecticut 0, Yale 4
Records: Central Connecticut (0-6-1, 0-1 NEC), Yale (5-0-2, 0-0 Ivy)
Location: CCSU Soccer Field | New Britain, CT
"You have to look at it in the positive light, and that was the challenge at halftime to come out and not concede any more goals and keep a clean sheet. We did that," said head coach Shaun Green. "I thought in the second half we improved our work-rate. Now we go into two tough conference games with a team that is hopefully fully fit."
- Yale opened the scoring at 6:35 after Paolo Carroll set up Miguel Yuste for his fifth goal of the year.
- Aldo Quevedo would add to the Bulldogs lead with two goals in a 10-minute span. Sigfus Arnason and Mark Winhoffer assisted on his first score at the 13:09 mark, and Winhoffer would set up his second goal at 22:32.
- Enzo Okpoye closed out the score with his first goal of the year off another assist from Winhoffer at the 25:22 mark.
NUMBER TO KNOW
0 – Papas and sophomore Matt Skelton combined to shutout Yale in the second half.
- CCSU Men's Soccer is celebrating its 50th season of varsity competition in 2019.
- The Blue Devils played their sixth straight home game. Central hits the road on Friday for its first road game since opening the year at Seton Hall.
- Skelton saw his first action for the Blue Devils and did not allow a goal in nearly 14 minutes of play.
- Papas made his second start of the season in goal for CCSU.
Central Connecticut travels to Bryant on Friday for a Northeast Conference contest. Kickoff has been moved to a 3:00 p.m. start.