The Central Connecticut men's soccer team fell to Merrimack, 6-0, in its final home game of the season on Friday at CCSU Soccer Field. The Blue Devils honored seniors John Wilkins and Eddie Yepes prior to the contest. Central closes out the season at Sacred Heart on Sunday, Nov. 10.
Score: Central Connecticut 0, Merrimack 6
Records: Central Connecticut (0-13-1, 0-8 NEC), MC (9-3-2, 7-0 NEC)
Location: CCSU Soccer Field | New Britain, CT
- Merrimack scored three goals in the first half. Stefano Pesenti scored the eventual game-winner in the 11th minute when he took a cross from Tola Showunmi and finished to make it 1-0.
- Filippo Begliardi Ghidini had a goal on either side of halftime to finish with two goals on the night. His second goal at 46:54 made it 4-0.
- Yepes had both CCSU shots on goal in the second half, but Lucas Rezende would make the saves.
- Showunmi and Kevin Esper each added second half goals for the Warriors to close the scoring.
NUMBER TO KNOW
7 - Sophomore Jason Dubrovich finished with seven saves.
- CCSU Men's Soccer is celebrating its 50th season of varsity competition in 2019.
- The team's met for the first time since Merrimack became Division I prior to the season.
- Yepes had his five-game scoring streak snapped. He leads the team in scoring on the season (6 G, 3 A).
- Wilkins has played in 28 games in his two seasons at CCSU, including 24 starts.
Central closes out the season at Sacred Heart on Nov. 10.