Senior Eddie Yepes scored two goals and the Central Connecticut men's soccer team won in overtime at Sacred Heart, 3-2, on Sunday at Campus Field in Fairfield, CT. Yepes scored the opening goal and the game-winner in overtime to help the Blue Devils pick up a win in their season finale.
Score: Central Connecticut 3, Sacred Heart 2 (OT)
Records: Central Connecticut (1-13-1, 1-8 NEC), SHU (2-11-3, 1-5-3 NEC)
Location: Campus Field | Fairfield, CT
- Yepes opened the scoring with a goal off a free kick in the 26th minutes.
- Segundo Navarro tied the score at the 48:26 mark when he put a low shot past the keeper.
- SHU took the lead just under a minute later when Altin Celaj buried a shot off a rebound of a shot by Navarro to make it 2-1.
- Central tied in the 85th minute when sophomore Panos Ravanis picked up a loose ball and finished it to make it 2-2.
- Yepes won the game just over three minutes into overtime when he picked up a ball along the touch line and finished his second goal of the day.
NUMBER TO KNOW
14 - Sophomore Jason Dubrovich made a season-high 14 saves
- CCSU Men's Soccer is celebrating its 50th season of varsity competition in 2019.
- CCSU is 10-7-1 against SHU since 2002.
- Yepes led the team in scoring on the season (8 G, 3 A).
- Ravanis scored his second goal of the season.
Central closed its season with a 1-13-1 record overall and 1-8 mark in the NEC.