The Central Connecticut men's track and field team earned 11 medals at the Ramapo College Season Opener on Friday, Jan. 17 in New York, NY. Richard Grudzwick (800 meter run) and Edwin Alston (60 meter hurdles) finished first in their events.
Meet: Ramapo College
Location: Armory Track & Field - New York, NY
KEY PERFORMANCES | RESULTS
- Edwin Alston won the 60 meter hurdles with a time of 8.23.
- Jason Walton earned the bronze in the 400 meter dash clocking in at 51.04.
- In the men's 800 meter, Ryan McCauley finished third crossing the finish line in a personal best time of 1:58.90.
- Richard Grudzwick won the 1,000 meter run with a time of 2:29.04.
- Alex Norstrom ran the 3,000 meter run in 8:48.57 for a third place finish.
- Robert Moore and Kevorni Welsh took the silver in the 5,000 meter (15:26.66) and long jump (6.79m) events. The run was a personal best for Moore.
- Ed Radzion finished second in the shot put with a throw of 13.54 meters.
- Andrew McCarthy came in third in the weight throw posting a new best 14.27 meter throw.
- The 4x400 meter relay team came in second place with a time of 3:25.25.
The Blue Devils compete next at John Thomas Invitational at Boston University on Friday, Jan. 24.