The Central Connecticut men's cross country team ran in its first meet of the 2019 season at the Marist College Invitational in Poughkeepsie, NY on Saturday morning. Senior Roberto Piotto finished first overall in a field of 58 runners with a time of 19:13.8.
Meet: Marist College Invitational – Men's 6K
Team Score: 4th of 5
Location: Marist College - Poughkeepsie, NY
KEY MOMENTS | RESULTS
- Senior Roberto Piotto finished first overall at 19:13.8.
- Senior Richard Grudzwick was second in for the Blue Devils and 13th overall at 19:33.7.
- Elias Field was the first freshman finisher for Central at 19:43.6.
"Roberto has been leading the way in our training so it was good to see him get the win. Starting tomorrow morning we get to train for an uninterrupted month before we race again. This block of training should help the team race well in November."
- Central finished fourth in the 2018 Northeast Conference Cross Country Championships.
- The Blue Devils became the first NEC team in any sport to win nine consecutive titles, erasing the previous record of eight set by Quinnipiac's women's cross country team from 2005 to 2012.
- The last time Central won a NEC title was in 2017.
The men's cross country team hosts the CCSU Ted Owen Invitational in Stanley Quarter Park in New Britain, CT on Saturday, Sept. 28.