The Central Connecticut men's cross country team ran in the 17th Annual Ted Owen Invitational in Stanley Quarter Park in New Britain, CT. The team finished third against 19 other teams. Senior Roberto Piotto led the Blue Devils in the 8K race with a sixth place finish in a time of 26:31.
Meet: Ted Owen Invitational - Men's 8K
Team Score: 3 of 19
Location: Stanley Quarter Park - New Britain, CT
KEY MOMENTS | RESULTS
- Roberto Piotto came in sixth place with a time of 26:31.3.
- Classmate Richard Grudzwick clocked in at 27:06.7 in 16th place.
- Freshman Elias Field finished right after Grudzwick in 17th place at 27:13.2.
COACH QUOTE | FULL INTERVIEW
"The men were out a bit fast and I think we paid for it in the second half, but our freshman did well packing it up, which helped us out."
- Four Blue Devil runners finished in the top-20 out of a field of 175 runners.
- Ezra Mutai (American International College) finished first overall and set a new course record with a time of 24:32
- Last season, the team finished first of seven teams at Ted Owen.
- In 2018, Central had the top three finishers of the meet, including Piotto and Grudzwick.
Central competes in two weeks at the New England Championships in Boston, MA on Saturday, Oct. 12.