The Central Connecticut men's cross country team ran the 5K race at the 17th Annual CCSU Mini Meet in Stanley Quarter Park in New Britain, CT on Friday afternoon. The team came in second in a field of 13 schools and senior Roberto Piotto was the first overall finisher with a time of 14:51.2
Meet: CCSU Mini Meet – Men's 5K
Team Score: 5th of 13
Location: Stanley Quarter Park – New Britain, CT
KEY MOMENTS |RESULTS
- Senior Roberto Piotto finished first overall in the 5K course with a time of 14:51.2.
- Freshman Elias Field was next in for Central in 17th place at 15:18.5.
- Classmate Eddie Nicholas finished third for CCSU in 21st place at 15:23.2.
- Last year at the Mini Meet, Central finished fifth in a 12 team field.
- In his first 5K run, Nicholas clocked in third for the Blue Devils and 21st overall.
- Senior Julio Arredondo ran a personal best time of 15:45.7 surpassing his previous best of 16:19.0.
- This is the second time this season Piotto has won a cross country race. He has finished in sixth place or better in all four races this year.
The Central Connecticut men's cross country team will host the 2019 Northeast Conference Cross Country Championship this year next Saturday, Nov. 2. The meet will be held in Stanley Quarter Park in New Britain, CT and the men's race will start at 11 a.m.