The Central Connecticut men's cross country team was crowned the 2019 Northeast Conference Runner-Up after scoring 50 points on Saturday afternoon in Stanley Quarter Park in New Britain, CT. Junior Roberto Piotto was named the Most Outstanding Performer after dominating the 8K course with a time of 25:19.0. Freshman Elias Field was named the Freshman of the Year being the first rookie to cross the finish line at seventh place at 25:57. The Wagner Seahawks were named the NEC Champions with 43 points.
Meet: 2019 Northeast Conference Championship
Team Score: 2nd of 10
Location: Stanley Quarter Park - New Britain, CT
- Senior Roberto Piotto was named the 2019 NEC Most Outstanding Performer after a first place finish in the men's 8K race with a time of 25:19.0.
- Freshman Elias Field was the first freshman finisher in seventh place with a time of 25:57.5 making him the 2019 NEC Freshman of the Year.
- Central's first five finishers came in the top 20 in a field of 89 runners.
- Along with Piotto and Field, freshman Eddie Nicholas and senior Richard Grudzwick earned individual awards for finishing in the top 14.
- Robert Moore ran a personal best clocking in at 26:37.8 in 18th place. Classmate Sean Oushana also improved his collegiate best 8K by almost 40 seconds (27:10.2)
Central will prepare for the NCAA Northeast Regionals on Friday, Nov. 15 in Buffalo, NY.