The Central Connecticut women's basketball team dropped to 0-3 on the season with an 83-73 home loss to Brown on Thursday night. Junior Emma McCamus scored a career-high 30 points in the game to pace the Blue Devil offense. She added a pair of assists and three steals in the loss. Junior Ashley Berube added 14 points and eight rebounds in the game. The Blue Devils climbed to within two points in the fourth quarter, but an 11-0 run by Brown put the game out of reach with under three minutes play.
The Blue Devils, playing for the first time at home this season, will head back on the road on Monday at Lehigh.
Central made 10-of-22 threes in the game, and hit on 19-of-22 free-throws, including 7-of-7 from McCamus on her way to the career-high.
Score: Central Connecticut 73, Brown 83
Records: Central Connecticut (0-3, 0-0 NEC), Brown (2-1, 0-0 Ivy)
Location: Detrick Gym - New Britain, CT
- After the Blue Devils cut the Brown lead to 69-67 with 6:27 on the clock, the Bears used an 11-0 run over the next 3:34 to build the lead to 80-67 with under three minutes to play.
- The Bears outrebounded CCSU 41-20 in the game, including 13 offensive rebounds that led to seven second chance points.
- The Blue Devils forced 24 Brown turnovers which led to 26 CCSU points.
- Central had 12 steals in the game.
NUMBER TO KNOW
30 - McCamus is the first Blue Devil to reach the 30 points mark in seven seasons.
- McCamus hit 9-of-16 from the field and drained five threes to post her career-high of 30. She's the first CCSU player to score 30 points in a game since Jaclyn Babe scored 30 at Quinnipiac on January 28, 2013.
- Junior Ashley Berube grabbed a season-high eight rebounds in the game to go along with 14 points, a pair of assists and two steals.
- Junior Ashley Forker had 13 points and four assists.
- The Blue Devils hit 19-of-22 from the free-throw line in the game, and 10-of-22 from three.
- Central had 16 assists and only 14 turnovers.
The women's basketball team is back on the road at Lehigh on Monday, Nov. 18. Tip-off is scheduled for 5:30 p.m.