The Central Connecticut women's basketball team fell to Patriot League opponent Lehigh 70-51 on Monday night inside Stabler Arena. The team shot .420 percent from the floor (21-50) and had 18 points come from the bench. Junior Ashley Forker led the Blue Devils with 12 points, four rebounds and four assists.
CCSU falls to 0-4 in the season as the Mountain Hawks improve to 4-0. The Blue Devils travel to Duquesne on Tuesday, Nov. 26.
Score: Central Connecticut 51, Lehigh 70
Records: Central Connecticut (0-4), Lehigh (4-0)
Location: Stabler Arena - Bethlehem, PA
- Lehigh got out to a quick 8-2 lead before Central scored seven straight points to take a 9-8 lead at the first media timeout.
- The Blue Devils held Lehigh to 27.8 field goal percentage in the first quarter.
- The Mountain Hawks opened the second quarter with eight straight points before senior Ashley Chin hit freshman Jamey Napoleon cutting to the basket for a layup.
- Out of the halftime break, CCSU outscored Lehigh 7-2. A three pointer by Forker made it a two possession game, 29-25 with 8:08 to play in the third. Central shot 80 percent (8-10) in the third quarter.
NUMBER TO KNOW
18 - Central had 18 bench points.
- Ashley Forker scored double digits for the third straight game.
- Ashley Berube grabbed eight rebounds. It is her third game of the season with seven or more boards.
- Nine Blue Devils scored against the Mountain Hawks.
Central Connecticut travels to Duquense on Tuesday, Nov. 26.