The Central Connecticut women's basketball team dropped a 66-47 decision at Fairleigh Dickinson inside the Rothman Center in Teaneck, N.J. Central cut the lead to five with 5:52 to play in the third, but the Knights held CCSU to just nine points in the final quarter.
Junior Ashley Berube led the Blue Devils with 23 points, four rebounds and one block. Classmate Emma McCamus was the only other player to hit double-digits for Central, scoring 10 points. Lindsey Mack posted her first career double-double (16 pts, 11 rbs) for Fairleigh Dickinson.
Score: Central Connecticut 47, Fairleigh Dickinson 66
Records: CCSU (1-17, 0-7 NEC), FDU (7-10, 4-2 NEC)
Location: Rothman Center - Teaneck, N.J.
- Ashley Berube opened the game scoring 10 of Central's 11 first quarter points shooting 4-5 from the floor and 2-2 from the foul line.
- The Knights scored five straight and a floater by Forever Toppin ended the run to put Central down five.
- Emma McCamus scored six straight points to put Central within six, but the Knights went 4-7 from deep in the second quarter to hold a 36-25 lead at half.
- A 7-3 run by the Blue Devils put them within 5 (39-34) with 5:52 left to play in the third.
- FDU pushed the lead to 16, going on a 12-2 run with 6:46 left to play.
- Taylor Goode scored the only field goal for Central in the fourth quarter off a drive to the basket. The team shot 7-8 (.875) from the foul line in the closing quarter.
- Ashley Berube scored 23 points, her third game of the season dropping 20+ points.
- Central shot an impressive 84.2 percent from the foul line against FDU.
- Emma McCamus finished with 10 points, her eight time this season hitting double-figures.
NUMBER TO KNOW
16 - Central made 16-of-19 free throws against the Knights.
The Blue Devils return to Detrick Gymnasium on Saturday, Jan. 25 when they host Wagner at 1 p.m.