The Central Connecticut women's basketball team fell to Bryant 62-51 on Saturday afternoon in New Britain, CT. The Blue Devils trailed by just one point at the halftime break, but the Bulldogs dominated in the third quarter outscoring Central 19-4. Junior Ashley Forker led CCSU with 13 points and six rebounds along with two assists and two steals.
Central falls to 2-22 on the season and 1-12 in conference, while Bryant improves to 8-15 and 6-6 in league. The team takes on Fairleigh Dickinson on Monday night at 7 p.m. for its pink game.
Score: Central Connecticut 51, Bryant 62
Records: CCSU (2-22, 1-12 NEC), Bryant (8-15, 6-6 NEC)
Location: Detrick Gymnasium - New Britain, CT
- The teams traded baskets in the opening quarter with both clubs connecting on 5 of its first 10 shots from the floor.
- The Bulldogs closed the opening quarter with an 8-2 run to lead 19-12 at the end of the first.
- Central went on a 13-0 run, with seven points coming from Forever Toppin, to take a 25-19 lead midway through the second quarter. CCSU held the Bulldogs scoreless for over six minutes in the second.
- In eight minutes played in the second quarter, Toppin scored seven points and had two steals.
- Ashley Berube hit two free throws to open the third, but Bryant went on an 16-2 run to push the lead 47-32. Central went over eight minutes without a field goal and went into the final 10 minutes of play trailing 50-34.
- A 14-2 run by Central cut the lead to 10 late in the fourth. Ashley Forker and Delano combined for 12 of the 17 fourth quarter points.
- Central scored 26 points in the paint.
- Both CCSU and Bryant had 23 points come from the bench.
- Emma McCamus and Toppin scored nine points each.
- Ashley Chin had a team-high three steals. The team finished with 14.
NUMBER TO KNOW
30 - The Blue Devils scored 30 points off Bryant's 27 turnovers.
For its final home game in the month of February, Central hosts Fairleigh Dickinson on Monday night at 7 p.m. for its pink game to support the fight against breast cancer.