The Central Connecticut women's basketball team dropped its final road game of the season 56-46 to Merrimack on Saturday, February 29 in North Andover, MA. Central trailed by just four at the halftime break, but the Warriors went on a 15-3 run to open the third to spread the game open.
Score: Central Connecticut 56, Merrimack 46
Records: CCSU (2-25, 1-15 NEC), Merrimack (19-9, 12-5 NEC)
Location: Hammel Court - North Andover, MA
- Slow scoring to open the game as both teams went 0-13 combined in the opening minutes. Ashley Forker put Central on the board first with a jumper in the paint at 7:17. The Blue Devils held the Warriors without a field goal for the first 4:12 of the game.
- Merrimack closed the first outscoring Central 8-4 in the final 5:38 of the quarter.
- Fourteen of Central's 18 second quarter points came from the bench, with Delano and Jenkins scoring four points each. The Warriors shot just 33.3 percent (4-12) from the floor in the second but went 12-14 (85.7) from the foul line. CCSU connected on 7-of-17 (41.2) in the second.
- A 15-3 run by Merrimack to open the third extended the lead 45-29. Berube scored five points in the quarter.
- Central went on a 6-0 run outscoring the Warriors 9-3 to cut the lead to 10 with 5:24 to play in the fourth.
NUMBER TO KNOW
26 - Central had 26 of its 46 points come from the bench.
- The Blue Devils scored 18 points in the paint.
- Central and Merrimack tied for rebounds with 44 each. Forever Toppin and Berube combined for 16 rebounds grabbing eight each.
- CCSU shot 83.3 percent from the foul line sinking 10-of-12 shots.
Central closes the season with two games at home against LIU on Monday and St. Francis Brooklyn on Thursday.