The Central Connecticut women's soccer team tied 1-1 with the Huskies of Connecticut on Thursday night in New Britain, CT. Sophomore Jamie Collimore scored her first goal of the season at the 78 minute mark. Less than three minutes later UConn responded with a goal to send the game to overtime. Both teams had six shots a piece in the extra twenty minutes of play but the defense by the goalkeepers held strong until the end.
Score: Central Connecticut 1, Connecticut 1 (2OT)
Records: CCSU (1-1-1), UConn (1-1-1)
Location: CCSU Soccer Field – New Britain, CT
- Sophomore Jamie Collimore put Central on the board late in the second half (78:17) to take a 1-0 lead.
- Jacqueline Harnett evened the score less than three minutes later (81:48).
- Junior Erica Bardes had a nice shot on goal just seconds before the end of regulation, but Randi Palacios made a jumping save to punch the ball out of the goal.
COACH QUOTE | POST GAME INTERVIEW
"You move forward to the next game. You have to learn, but then quickly you have to put that into its own little box and then that game is done and then onto the next one, which is Albany on Sunday."
NUMBER TO KNOW
6 – Both teams had six shots a piece in the extra minutes of play.
- Tonight marked the 18th meeting between the Huskies and Blue Devils.
- Last season, one of Central's only two losses was to UConn
- CCSU and Connecticut went to double-overtime back in 2003 with the Huskies prevailing 3-2.
- All of Central's four goals this season have been scored by a different player.
Central travels to Albany on Sunday, Sept. 1 at 2 p.m. Women's soccer is back home on Thursday, Sept. 5 to host Iona at 7 p.m. in New Britain, CT.