The Central Connecticut women's soccer team tied against Siena on Sunday afternoon in Loudonville, NY. Siena opened scoring after 70 minutes of play and Central responded with less than two minutes in regulation. Sophomore Roma McLaughlin scored her fourth goal of the season off a cross from co-captain senior Shauny Alterisio at the 88:33 mark. Sophomore Amanda McQuillan had eight saves in the goal for Central.
Score: Central Connecticut 1, Siena 1 (2OT)
Records: Central Connecticut (2-2-2), Siena (0-5-1)
Location: Siena Soccer Field – Loudonville, NY
"It was a very physical game but I thought we handled that aspect well and still managed to generate 7 or 8 good scoring opportunities. Defensively, we were disappointed with the goal we conceded but overall I don't think Amanda had to make any significant saves. We now have a week before our next game which will give us a chance to get healthy again."
- Siena opened scoring at the 69:36 mark with a shot inside the right post taking a 1-0 lead.
- With less than two minutes in regulation, Alterisio crossed from deep to find McLaughlin running inside the box to finished on the inside left.
- McQuillan totaled eight saves against nine shots on goal from Siena.
NUMBER TO KNOW
16- Central Connecticut took 16 shots including six shots on goal.
- Today's match marks the 12th time these two teams have faced each other with Central holding the overall record 8-2-2.
- This is the third overtime match CCSU has played this season.
- McLaughlin has scored in the past three games and has already doubled her number of goals from last season (4).
Women's soccer is off for a week before continuing on the road at Seton Hall on Sunday, Sept. 15 at 1 p.m. The Blue Devils play its first NEC opponent Bryant on Friday, Sept. 20.