The Central Connecticut women's soccer team tied with the Seton Hall Pirates 0-0 on Sunday afternoon in West Orange, N.J. Junior Jenna Rae Covello led Central taking three of its 15 shots. Sophomore goalkeeper Amanda McQuillan posted her first shutout of the season making five saves in goal against 17 shots faced.
Score: Central Connecticut 0, Seton Hall 0 (2OT)
Records: Central Connecticut (2-2-3), Seton Hall (1-3-1)
Location: Seton Hall Prep – West Orange, N.J.
- Amanda McQuillan recorded her first shutout of the season as goalkeeper. She had five saves against 17 shots from the Pirates.
- The Blue Devils and Pirates each had four corner kick opportunities.
- Seton Hall had a slight 17-15 advantage in shots and 5-4 advantage in shots on goal.
"It was a good team performance overall against a well organized Seton Hall team. Defensively we were solid again. Unfortunately we were unable to capitalize on the many chances we created, especially in the second half. In fairness their goalkeeper made several great saves."
NUMBER TO KNOW
4 – The Blue Devils have played four overtime matches, including three double over-time games, so far this season.
- Sophomore Roma McLaughlin was named NEC Player of the Week (Sept. 10) after posting 2 goals and one assist last week.
- McLaughlin currently leads the team with 9 points (4g, 1a) and has scored in four of the seven matches so far this season.
- Today's match marks the fourth meeting between the Pirates and Blue Devils with an overall 1-1-2 record. Last season the game also ended in a 0-0 tie.
Central Connecticut plays its first Northeast Conference match against the Bryant Bulldogs on Friday, Sept. 20 in Smithfield, RI at 3 p.m.