The Central Connecticut women's track and field team competed in the John Thomas Invitational at Boston University on Friday, Jan. 24 in the BU Track and Tennis Center. Senior Megan Brawner broke the previous shool record of 2:54.34 for the women's indoor 1,000 meter run with a time of 2:52.51 for a 12th place finish in the event.
Meet: John Thomas Invitational
Location: Boston University Track & Tennis Center - Boston, MA
KEY PERFORMANCES | RESULTS
- Hailey Rospierski took the silver in the high jump with a leap of 1.70 meters and came in sixth place in the 60 meter hurdles invitational.
- Megan Brawner came in 12th place and set a new school record in the 1,000 meter run 2:52.51.
- In the 200 meter dash, Kamilah Diaz ran her fastest time of 27.35.
- Angie Rafter finished 23rd in a field of 150 runners with a time of of 2:14.02.
- Magnalen Camara ran a personal best in the 400 meter dash finishing in 1:01.39.
- Danyelle Engels threw a collegiate best in the shot put at 11.39 meters for a 23rd place finish.
The Blue Devils compete next at the New England Championships on Friday, Jan. 31 inside the Reggie Lewis Track & Athletic Center in Boston, MA.