The Central Connecticut women's track and field team competed in the New England Championships on Friday and Saturday in Boston, MA. Sophomore Angie Rafter and senior Megan Brawner set school records in the 800 meter and 1,000 meter runs respectively.
Meet: New England Championships
Location: Reggie Lewis Track & Athletic Center - Boston, MA
Team Score: 11th of 24
KEY PERFORMANCES | RESULTS
- Angie Rafter set a new school record in the 800 meter run and won the bronze with a time of 2:12.69.
- Megan Brawner beat her record set last weekend with a new best time of 2:51.80 in the 1,000 meter run earning the silver medal.
- Hailey Rospierski and Kadizha Benjamin tied for 13th in the women's high jump both posting 1.61 meters. Rospierski also came in fourth place in the 60 meter hurdles (8.69).
- The 4x400 relay team (Diaz, Camara, Benjamin and Labbie) ran a team best with a time of 4:07.45
- The 4x800 team (Rafter, Dana, Morabito and Brawner) also ran a best time clocking in at 9:26.66.
The Blue Devils are back in action February 7th at the Albany Winter Classic at the Ocean Breeze Center on Staten Island.