Central Connecticut volleyball won three straight sets to defeat Saint Francis U, 3-1, in Northeast Conference action on Saturday at Detrick Gymnasium. Senior Madelyn Kaprelyan and junior Emma Henderson each had double-doubles for the Blue Devils for a second straight match. Central will travel to LIU on Friday.
Score: CCSU 3, Saint Francis U 1 (22-25, 25-18, 25-17, 25-15)
Records: CCSU (8-12, 4-4 NEC), SFU (2-18, 2-6 NEC)
Location: Detrick Gymnasium (New Britain, CT)
- The Red Flash broke a 22-22 tie with three straight points to take the first set. SFU trailed by as much as 12-6 in the opening set.
- Central took a 9-7 lead and would not trail again in the second set. CCSU would extend its lead to 24-16 and won on a kill by Kaprelyan.
- Central used a 7-0 run to build a 12-6 lead in the third set. Freshman Isabelle Roufs had three aces in the spurt. The Blue Devils pushed the lead to 23-15 with five straight points and eventually won the set.
- Junior Samantha McCreath and Nicole Kramer each had two early kills to help CCSU take a 5-2 lead. Central later scored six straight points to go ahead 21-11.
NUMBER TO KNOW
84 - Central had 84 digs and held SFU to a .110 hitting percentage.
- CCSU is 19-7 against SFUU since 2001. The Blue Devils have won seven straight.
- Kaprelyan (15 kills, 11 assists) has posted double-doubles in four straight matches. She added five digs.
- Henderson notcher her eighth double-double with 17 kills and 11 digs.
- McCreath and junior Ashlyn Eisenga had 22 and 24 digs, respectively. McCreath added nine kills.
- Senior Erin McDermott had a team-high 28 assists and 11 digs for her fourth double-double of the year.
Central travels to LIU on Friday, Oct. 25.