The Central Connecticut women's cross country team opened the 2019 season at the Marist College Invitational in Poughkeepsie, NY on Saturday morning. Junior Megan Brawner was the first to finish of the Blue Devil runners in sixth place overall with a time of 18:55.4.
Meet: Marist College Invitational – Women's 5K
Team Score: 4th of 5
Location: Marist College - Poughkeepsie, NY
KEY MOMENTS | RESULTS
- Junior Megan Brawner finished sixth in a field of 46 runners with a time of 18:55.4.
- Sophomore Ashley Dana finished second for CCSU in 16th place overall at 19:37.9.
- Brooke Morabito was the first freshman finisher for Central in 25th place at 20:24.7.
"It was nice to take a break for our training for this race. I'm sure the pace stung a little bit for our team because we haven't done a lot of running at race pace. I'm happy with the team's effort."
- The Blue Devils won the 2018 Northeast Conference Championship with a total of 46 points.
- Central was picked to finish first in the 2019 preseason poll.
- CCSU returns Angie Rafter who was 2018 NEC Individual Champion with a time of 18:03.6 in the women's 5K.
The women's cross country team competes next on Saturday, Sept. 28 when it hosts the CCSU Ted Owen Invitational in Stanley Quarter Park in New Britain, CT.