The Central Connecticut women's cross country team hosted the 17th Annual Mini Meet in Stanley Quarter Park in New Britain, CT Friday afternoon. The team finished second out of the field of 16 teams. Sophomore Angie Rafter finished in first place with a time of 9:51.5.
Meet: CCSU Mini Meet – Women's 3K
Team Score: 2nd of 16
Location: Stanley Quarter Park – New Britain, CT
KEY MOMENTS | RESULTS
- Angie Rafter finished first overall recording a time of 9:51.5 in the women's 3K course.
- Junior Megan Brawner was next in for the Blue Devils finishing in fifth place with a time of 10:09.2.
- Sophomore Ashley Dana crossed the finish line at 10:25.2 in 11th place.
- Last year at the Mini Meet, the Blue Devils finished fourth against 14 other schools.
- Rafter posted a personal best in the 3K surpassing her previous best time of 10:12.3.
- Dana also ran a collegiate best time. Her old 3K best was 10:54.0.
- Junior Kaitlyn Stevens beat her previous 3K time by almost a full minute. She ran a 10:38.1 and her previous best was 11:24.5.
The Central Connecticut women's cross country team will compete in the 2019 Northeast Conference Cross Country Championship on Saturday, Nov. 2 at noon. Central will host this year in Stanley Quarter Park in New Britain, CT.