The Central Connecticut women's lacrosse team can improve to 4-0 in Northeast Conference play with a victory over intrastate rival Quinnipiac on Saturday afternoon. The Blue Devils (5-5, 3-0 NEC) and Bobcats (3-6, 1-1 NEC) are scheduled for a 1 p.m. game at Arute Field.
Here are some notes on the Blue Devils heading into today's action:
• With a victory today, the Blue Devils can improve to 4-0 in NEC play for the first time in program history. Entering today, the 2012 and 2013 teams share the honor of the best record to start conference play, 3-0.
• A victory today would also give the Blue Devils a five game winning streak for the first time in program history. The 2011 team had a program record four game streak, which this year's team matched with Thursday's victory over Sacred Heart.
• The Blue Devils have scored 61 second half goals this season, while limiting their opponents to just 44.
• CCSU is 6-0 in NEC home games under second year head coach Kelly Nangle.
• Senior Betsy Vendel is two points shy of reaching 200 for her career. She is already CCSU's all-time leader in the category.
• Senior Mackenzy Ryan is a single goal shy of becoming CCSU's fifth player to score 100 career goals.